Jeffrey T. Hall | Of Counsel
Jeff’s practice encompasses complex litigation in State and Federal Courts, including, business disputes and commercial transactions, breach of contract, fraud, deceptive trade practices, real estate, securities, domestic, entertainment, and personal injury litigation. Since 1993, he has resolved hundreds of civil cases by trial, arbitration or through other means. He has also conducted internal investigations and defended persons and entities in select administrative, regulatory and criminal matters. Jeff’s litigation experience is broad and varied and his first-chair jury trial successes range across the spectrum of civil litigation.
- Bet-the-Business Defense: After a four-week jury trial, obtained a defense verdict on behalf of out-of-state electrical contractor accused of causing eight figure business interruption damages at chemical plant.
- Real Estate Litigation: Won an eight-figure judgment of specific performance of a land purchase contract after jury trial of a complex commercial real estate dispute.
- Directors & Officers Liability: Achieved dismissal of the appeal of an interim order in eight-figure fraud case against Directors and Officers of private investment fund, alleging mismanagement of that fund, on jurisdictional grounds after oral argument to the court of appeals.
- Commercial Arbitration: Secured substantial arbitration award on behalf of television personality/former professional athlete against car dealership, prevailing on both contractual and fraud claims.
- Partnership Disputes: Defended a successful surgeon in a commercial dispute brought by the surgeon’s former business partners, obtaining a jury verdict that the surgeon had been fraudulently induced into joining the partnership and was not liable to his former business partners for claimed reimbursements in the high six figures.
- White Collar Defense: Conducted an internal investigation of Direct-Mailer targeted for indictment by the United States Postal Inspectors Service, the findings from which resulted in declination of prosecution by the United States Attorney.
- Securities Litigation: After a two-week federal jury trial, obtained a “take nothing” verdict on behalf of the former President/Chairman of the Board of a publicly traded manufacturer of health care products accused of committing multi-million dollar securities fraud.