Patrick W. Powers | Partner
Patrick’s practice focuses exclusively on litigating cases across Texas and throughout the nation. Patrick has significant experience litigating complex business disputes and commercial transactions and representing clients in federal and state insurance claims. Patrick also has extensive experience handling a wide range of cases involving commercial debt and judgment collection, construction defect disputes, and catastrophic personal injuries and loss of life.
- Commercial and business litigation
- Intellectual property litigation
- Personal injury and tort litigation
- Insurance litigation
- Commercial debt and judgment collection
- Construction litigation
- J.D. 1999, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Texas Tech. University School of Law
- B.A. Economics 1995, cum laude, Texas Lutheran University
- Listed in Texas Monthly and Texas Super Lawyers Magazine – Rising Stars Edition as a “Texas Rising Star,” 2004, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 under 40 Trial Lawyers in Texas, 2012
- The National Trial Lawyers and Top 100 Trial Lawyers Award
- Member, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum®, The Top Trial Lawyers in America®, 2012
- Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum®, The Top Trial Lawyers in America®, 2012
- Listed in Texas Monthly and Texas Super Lawyers Magazine – Rising Star Edition as a “Texas Rising Star,” 2004, 2006, 2008-2011
- Texas Super Lawyer 2014
- Martindale Hubbell AV Preeminent 5 out of 5 Peer Review Rating
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Arkansas
- State of Texas, 1999
- Thompson & Knight LLP 1999-2004
- Represented foreign corporation in multiple disputes involving insurance coverage and theft of equipment in multiple federal court districts in Texas.
- Lead counsel for natural resource client in a dispute with a joint interest owner regarding unpaid joint interest benefit payments. Representation included obtaining recovery of amount owed shortly after initiating litigation.
- Represented international industrial manufacturing and service client as lead counsel in a complex intellectual property litigation matter involving misappropriation and theft of trade secrets, trademark infringement, trademark counterfeiting, unfair competition, and injunctive relief involving numerous parties in eight states and two different countries.
- Represented residential homeowner in litigation against subdivision developer and residential builder involving claims of improper site and drainage preparation, residential water damage, and significant home flooding. Dispute also involved claims against developer and builder for fraud in a real estate transaction and violations of the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act.
- Representation of individuals in a wide range of personal injury disputes arising from catastrophic automobile accidents, defectively designed and manufactured products, medical procedures and services, construction activities, OSHA violations, and premises defects.
- Martindale–HubbleAV Preeminent 5 out of 5 Peer Review Rating
- Texas Super Lawyers – 2014
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40 Trial Lawyers in Texas 2012 Award
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers Award
As a side note – the most prestigious award is the Martindale-Hubble rating. We need to try to get Mark and Petyon rated. It is a big deal among other attorneys.